Something for everyone.
Prerequisite: Have an inquisitive mind, an open heart, and an adventurous spirit.
Haven't exercised in 20 years?
No worries, we'll take it slow; you don't have to be an athlete to participate. To truly enjoy your experience we would encourage you to literally "take a step" towards some type of daily exercise.
Workout on a regular basis and looking for a challenge?
We can provide that as well. Give us a call and we can talk about what feels right for you. 404.786.2928
** Obviously the vigorous and strenuous hikes are meant for experienced and fit hikers and bikers who participate in a regular exercise program beginning at least three months prior to departure.
(1) Easy: Want to get off the couch, but don't know where to begin? You've found the place.
- Duration: 1-3 hours
- Distance: Hike less than 3 miles, bike less than 10 miles
- Terrain: Flat
- Elevation: Little to no elevation change.
(2) Easy Plus: Very manageable for trying your first trip if you are in relatively good shape, walk a couple of times a week, but really don't work out.
- Duration: 2-5 hours
- Distance: Hike 4-6 miles, bike 10-30 miles, all very manageable
- Terrain: Gentle slopes, no steep climbs
- Elevation: Gain or loss up to 1,000 foot a day
(3) Moderate: Designed for outdoor novices and above who are in relatively good shape.
Duration: 4-6 hours
Distance: Hike up to 10 miles, bike 20-40 miles
Terrain: Rolling, with some steep sections
Elevation: Gain or loss up to 2,000 foot a day
(4) Vigorous: Recommended for those who like a good workout each day.
- Duration: 5-8 hours
- Distance: Hike up to 12 miles, bike 30-50 miles
- Terrain: Steep ascents/descents
- Elevation: Gain or loss up to 3,000 foot a day
(5) Strenuous: For those who are very fit and want a challenge.
Duration: 10+ hours
Distance: Hike 12 or more miles, bike 50 or more miles
Terrain: Exposed terrain with steep ascents/descents
Elevation: Gain or loss up to 4,000 foot a day