Saturday, October 22 ~ 9a – 5p
PARTICIPANTS: Businesses, families, community groups, schools, or individuals. CONTEST ENTRY FEE: $10 REGISTRATION: Monday, October 3 – Monday, October 17 | Payment due upon registration.
How to Enter the Scarecrow Contest Online:
- Click on "Register Here" to pay the $10 scarecrow contest entry fee.
- Email info@ThriveBeyondFitness.com with the following information:
- Name (Individuals, Organizations, Schools, Businesses, etc)
• Scarecrows must be built to be self-supporting (standing or sitting on their own).
• Scarecrows must be no taller than 8 ft. and no shorter than 3 ft.
• Please do not include any signage or pamphlets.
• Scarecrows will be tagged with proper identification at drop off.
• Scarecrow should be built in a way that can withstand outdoor conditions.
• If the scarecrow begins to deteriorate, you will be contacted to make edits or else we
reserve the right to remove the scarecrow.
• Any entries reflecting controversial subject matter will not be accepted, and all entries should exhibit good taste for family viewing.
• We retain the right to refuse any scarecrow entry deemed inappropriate for display.
DISPLAY SCARECROWS ~ Saturday, October 22 6a – 9a
• Please bring your scarecrow to Thrive Beyond Fitness (“TBF”)
• We will provide signage identifying participants and the location to be displayed.
• After properly tagged, you can take your scarecrow to the specified location for exhibition.
VOTING - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22 9-5
• Pick up your Scarecrow Trail Map at the VHPS
• The trail map with display locations will be your voting ballot.
• Follow the scarecrow trail throughout Vinings and vote for your favorite scarecrows!
• For scarecrow votes to count, all ballots must be brought to TBF by 8pm.
• All ballots turned in by 8pm will also be entered into the “Ballot Raffle” for choice of
massage, facial, or personal training session at TBF.
MOVE SCARECROWS ~ Sunday, October 23, 1-5p
• Participants will help move scarecrows from their display location to the Vinings Historic Preservation Society (“VHPS”) 3010 Paces Mill Rd SE
• Scarecrows will be displayed at the VHPS until Tuesday, November 1 at which time you will be asked to retrieve your scarecrow. Any scarecrow not retrieved by 8p will be discarded.
PRIZES - Monday, October 24
• Winning Scarecrows and all Raffle Winners will be posted on our website:ThriveBeyondFitness.com
• Winners will be notified by email and prizes will be available for pick up at TBF between 12 and 8pm on Monday, October 24.
REMEMBER THESE DATES (no extensions will be offered)
Mon. 10/3 Weekdays 6a-8p, Sat 9a-5p TBF Registration begins
Mon. 10/17 5p TBF Registration closes
Sat. 10/22 6-9a TBF Tagging/Exhibit/Vote Scarecrow 9a-5p Fall Festival & Scarecrow Contest 8p Deadline for contest ballot submissions at TBF
Sun. 10/23 1-5p VHPS Move Scarecrows to VHPS
Mon. 10/24 12p-8p TBF Winners pick up prizes
Tues. 11/1 8p VHPS Deadline to retrieve scarecrow